The Mercy Vintage store manager is the core of our store; navigating a bustling retail environment, searching for & buying treasures and organizing people & systems. We are looking for our central person who can capture all the intricacies of our unusual business and make sense of them, who is not afraid to jump into chaos and create order and who has a strong desire to sell amazing, one of a kind vintage and designer clothing. The Mercy Vintage store manager is self-motivated, hard working, organized and approachable.
About Our Business:
Mercy Vintage is a vintage clothing store in Oakland owned by Karen Anderson Fort and Rachel Cubra. We are two women living in the San Francisco Bay Area with a common passion...clothes. What started as a way for us to upgrade our personal wardrobes has blossomed into a larger understanding that recycling clothes has an important impact on the planet and our store reflects these ethos. We believe that everyone should buy quality, buy less and invest in pieces that are not destined for landfills. Our brick and mortar, web store, social media and pop-ups are a reflection of our desire to help people find their individual style, create a sustainable model for consumption of clothing and tell an interesting story in the process.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Recruiting, hiring and training of other employees
- Maintaining systems including pos, inventory, staffing, organization
- Continuously researching vintage and designer clothing to understand our changing market
- Maintaining our social media and web store
- Representing us at trade shows and pop-up events
- The ability to work well with customers and our team
- Honest and hardworking
- Excellent interpersonal one-on-one, team, and partnership skills with the ability to communicate needs
- Grace under pressure and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Confidence in a leadership role
- Have a love of people and desire to make a difference
- Previous work and success in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Resourceful problem-solving with the ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
- Previous work interacting face-to-face with customers
- Experience using POS systems
- 2-3 years sales experience
- Experience managing inventory
- Flexible schedule
- Working knowledge of antique, vintage and high end designer clothing and jewelry
- Proficient skills with web store platforms, social media, photography and photo editing
- Will start part time with the potential to increase to full time
- Will work weekends
- Benefits & compensation will be discussed during interview process
General supervision will be provided by store owners.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Standing and kneeling
- Some lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Driving a cargo van
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include why you want to work with vintage clothing, what kind of work environment you are looking for and why you would be a good match in your cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Mercy Vintage expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.