Sell To Us
We are not buying or taking drop offs until 11/26! Sorry for any inconvenience.
*Please note that we do NOT buy any fast fashion or mass-produced items including Zara, H&M, SHEIN, Target brands, J. Crew, Banana Republic or fast fashion that has a vintage look. Thank you!*
HOW WE BUY
IN STORE (drop-off or appointment only):
This is our primary method of buying. Drop your items off at your convenience any time between 12pm-6pm daily at our buying counter located at 4155 Piedmont Ave (our denim and tee location). We will reach out to you following your drop off within two business days (M-F) at which point you can pick up your items and receive payment for anything we find*. If you would prefer your items be processed on the spot we ask that you email or call to schedule an appointment. We schedule appointments Tuesday-Friday during our open hours. Anyone wishing to sell must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid government ID.
* Please note that items left longer than 7 days after we have contacted you will be donated unless other arrangements are made. Thank you!
REMOTE and IN HOME APPOINTMENTS:
To show us your items remotely, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include photos, description and condition for each piece you are interested in selling. We will give preliminary pricing for any pieces we are interested in from the pictures, however pricing is only finalized once we have received your items and evaluated condition in person. Shipping is at the cost of the seller, but we will pay for the return shipping in the event we return items to you.
If you live locally and have a large collection, we can come to you. Please call or email to set up an appointment and be prepared to give a description and/or photos of items.
We do estate liquidation and buy entire collections. Reach out to us to schedule a time.
SELLING & CONSIGNMENT PRICE BREAKDOWN//
Our process is as follows…we carefully review your items deciding which pieces work for Mercy. We will price each item based upon fair market value which reflects rarity, desirability and condition. We will then offer you a choice between:
- 35% of resale value payout. We pay via Venmo, PayPal, and check.
- 45% of resale value as store credit. With this option, whatever you make from the sale of your old items can go toward the purchase of “new” items in our shop.
- Consignment: We offer consignment on items we price at $200 or more. Our breakdown for consignment is as follows:
- 50% payout for items priced $200 - $499
- 60% payout for items priced $500 - $999
- 70% payout for items priced $1000+
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Unique, unusual, and well-made vintage as well as high-end designer clothing, shoes, jewelry and accessories.
Turn-of-the-century to early 2000s dresses, separates, outerwear, delicates, shoes and accessories; femme and masc. We look for highly unique, well-constructed pieces in a wide variety of colors, prints and textures. Ranging from graphic printed statement pieces to beautifully tailored solids. Cottons, silks, brocade, beaded, feathered, and art-to-wear. We are less inclined to buy polyester, with some exceptions. Chinese embroidered silk pajamas, jackets, coats and pongee. Japanese kimonos. We are always on the lookout for American-made vintage denim, vintage tees, raglans and workwear.
FUTURE VINTAGE //
Contemporary independent, small clothing brands that will last the test of time. Some lines include, but are not limited to:
DESIGNER // Clothing, bags, shoes, accessories and jewelry. Our love of designer runs deep whether it be vintage or contemporary, including but not limited to:
Feel free to reach out with any questions regarding designer pieces.
FINE and COSTUME JEWELRY //
We buy fine, gold, sterling, and antique jewelry. We also buy a wide variety of costume jewelry from the turn of the century to the 1980s. We like signed, unsigned, oversized, novelty, Brutalist, wearable art and gold costume jewelry. Please note that we do not buy contemporary costume jewelry.
All of our designer clothing, designer accessories and fine jewelry may require authentication before sold. With your permission to authenticate, you may be charged $15 if authentication is required for your item and you decide not to sell to us.
- We often have to reject pieces due to the amount of wear they have, however the older a piece is, the more forgiving we are. For example, wear or needed repairs on a '30s dress is more likely to work for us than a contemporary piece with damage.
- Stains are not a definite dealbreaker, but items with sweat stains will most likely not be accepted.
- With the above info in mind, please don't feel a need to overly edit what you bring us. You may think it’s too hideous or outrageous, too dated or on its last leg. Let us judge.
- This guide is meant to give a general idea of what we're looking for but is not all-inclusive. On the flip side, items that meet these descriptions are not guaranteed to work for our shop and our customer. There's no perfect formula for what we buy, and it varies piece by piece.
- Please note that we often buy seasonally, looking for lighter fabrics in spring/summer and heavier in fall/winter.
- We strive to create a non-judgemental environment when buying and buy based on the current market and what works for our customer. We understand the connection to clothes and seek to find the best home possible for your items. Don’t see what you have on our list of what we are looking for? Reach out to us, we would love to talk to you directly about your pieces and see if we are a good fit!